Sunday 9 May 2010

Object in different positions in the frame







For this exercise I choose to photograph the bass rock. I took quite a few other photos but have not included them all. I personally like the shot with the rock in the left hand corner as the sky was beautiful and it is a more unusual shot. The rock seems more dramatic set against a large expanse of sky. The one with the rock in the top hand corner, which I haven't included I liked least as the rock looked less dramatic set against a large expanse of sea. I think the photograph with the rock in the middle has little impact. In my opinion the subject and background did not work well together. I have learnt from this exercise that the positioning of the subject can really change the composition of a photograph. I do however realise what is visually appealing can be very subjective.

No comments:

Post a Comment