Monday 9 August 2010

Cropping








As suggested in this exercise I looked at three photographs with a view to cropping them. Two of them are shown here.
I cropped the first photograph shown in this way to emphasize the subject of the photograph - a peaceful river scene taken in the Autumn. I cropped the photos to remove the houses at the top which were a distraction and then balanced the photograph by removing part of the foreground which had no interest in it. I also straightened the image.
In the second photograph I cropped the photograph to remove the house and light shown on the left hand side. I wanted the photograph to be just of the ferry and they were a distraction at the side of it.
Cropping as suggested in this exercise is not a panacea for correcting "bad" shots but is a useful tool nonetheless to remove unwanted objects and distracting detail.



No comments:

Post a Comment