Sunday 7 August 2011

Fox Talbot

I was pleased to get my Assignemnt 2 assessment back and my tutor helpfully suggested that I should look at some early photographer's work.

Fox Talbot (1800-1877) was a British inventor and pioneer of photography and he was the inventor of the calotype process. It was inability to draw that led him to experiment with a mechanical method of capturing an image. His experiments led him to discover the negative/positvie photographic process in the 1830's. He made a major contributions to the development of photography as an art creating images of landscapes, architectural studies, still life, portraits and plants.
From looking at his photographs on the internet I particulary like the etheral quality of his fern, plant and tree photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment