Sunday 13 January 2013

Softening the Light







I took two photographs, one with a naked lamp and one with the object above in a light tent which diffused the light.  I used a single desk lamp pointing overhead for both images and I also used my tripod. I realise I need to buy a remote control for my camera in order to get sharper images.

In the first photograph with the naked lamp used as a light source the shadows and highlights are pronounced.

In the second photograph with the diffused light the image looks much flatter and softer and the shadows are very soft and there is little contrast.

I am not sure which one I prefer as they are so different.  I t has been an interesting exercise to learn how naked and diffused light can produce such different images.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment