Thursday 7 October 2010

Positioning a point

















I have taken three photographs in which where is a single point, a haystack, has been placed in different parts of the frame.


I thought I would try the three classes of position mentioned in the exercise, placing a point off centre, to the edge of the frame and in the centre. I like the off centre one best particularly as the point is a haystack which looks like it could roll down the hill. As mentioned in The Photographer's Eye placing a point in the centre of the frame can seem static and therefore a decision has to be made how far off the centre of the frame and in what direction you place the point. This might also be dictated by what else is in the photograph as it is rare to find a completely plain or even background. I think the photograph in the middle doesn't work well as the trees in the background are distracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment