Sunday 31 October 2010

Multiple Points








When using several points the relationship between the points is not so certain. When arranging several objects in a photograph it becomes more difficult deciding on the placement of the objects. The difficulty lies in trying to make an attractive composition which is not static.

In the Photographer's Eye the author mentions that the American Photographer Frederick Sommer stated that "Things come to our awareness in ways that are much more complex than we could arrange" i.e. throwing five pebbles to see how they fall.

I used monopoly pieces to form a still life and removed and added pieces until I got a composition I liked. The composition seemed to work best with the dice in the centre. The objects form a loose circle round the dice. I did find this exercise quite difficult to do maybe because I prefer taking landscapes as opposed to still life photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment