Thursday 11 November 2010

Curves







The first photograph is of a bicycle shelter at a local station. I think it shows the dynamism of using curves. The second photograph I took for my first assignment to demonstrate a curve . The curved movement in this photograph is smooth and flowing. For the third photograph I spotted a row of houses with this curved architecture which I thought was unusual and interesting. I realise I should have been more careful not to chop off the left hand edge of the curve! However I think this image would also make a good black and white image because of the strong lines in it.
I have also learnt from this exercise that curves give a sense of direction to a photograph and can lead the eye through a photograph. Curves can also be produced by implication.

No comments:

Post a Comment