Friday 23 April 2010

Exercise Focus with a set aperture


I choose to photograph a row of daffodils focusing on the different distances. The photos were taken with a set aperture of f5.6 and 1/250.
I prefer the first image with the focus on the daffodils in the foreground and the blurred background of daffodils in the distance (although it is difficult to see this in these small images). In the first photograph the sharpness of the daffodils stand out well against the foliage in the foreground which makes it preferable to me.
I realise that the first photograph is akin to using a narrow depth of field but it was interesting to get a similar effect by varying the focusing. It makes me realise that I have got too used to using the using the auto focus on my camera which is less versitle!

No comments:

Post a Comment