Friday 23 April 2010

Focus at different apertures


For this exercise I focused on a stack of wood I have in my garden and took the photos at an angle. I took photos with different aperture sizes from f2.8 to f11 and my camera automatically adjusted the shutter speed as I set it at aperture priority. I was obviously able to vary the depth of field by changing the aperture size, with f11 giving the greatest depth of field. The photographs showed an obvious difference when I compared the ones taken with an aperture of f2.8 and f11. I could clearly see and mark where the limit of sharpness disappeared so this was a helpful exercise. I am already familiar with depth of field from previous studying and realise it is a fundamental aspect of photography.



















No comments:

Post a Comment